Happy Dancing

Happy Dancing

Friday, November 14, 2014

PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS:
Masculine Birthdays

My son's birthday was last month, and since he plays guitar, I thought this was the perfect card for him:
Guitar birthday card using real guitar pick, Stampin' Up! Word Window punch, Wishes Your Way happy birthday
Original Pin HERE

Here's my version:


I used the Classic Circle Nesties to make the circles and the Happy Birthday from the SU Create a Cupcake stamp set. When I had it all made, I turned the card over to put my HOMMADE label on the back...then when I turned it over to look at the front, to my shock...there was an ink stain on the lower left area - ARGGG!...so...out came the JUST FOR YOU sentiment from the SU Teeny Tiny Wishes set so I could make a small banner to cover the stain.  It worked out OK, thank goodness...and while I had all of my Nesties and gold cording out, I made another one in a darker brown:


I secured the gold cording with red sticky tape on the back/reverse side at the top and bottom while making one continuous wrap around the card to create all six strings. I printed out YOU ROCK on red DSP, sketched out a template for the guitar pick then traced it around the YOU ROCK. To check out my Masculine Cards board on Pinterest, click HERE.

NOTE: I accidentally made two different posts today for my PIN IT FRIDAY FAVS. The post with my favorite Christmas card has been rescheduled for 11/28/2014.